Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hanging in there...

I am just hanging in there... some days are a lot better than others as usual.. The beginning of this week wasn't that great... Then Thursday and Friday were pretty good. Thursday I think was better than Friday!

I don't know if any of you have heard of Greg Laurie?? He is an evangalist from CA and he does crusades around the US. Well he is coming Oct. 3-5 in Philadelphia for a crusade and my church is one of the host churches. For the next 2 Thursday's (and then one that just passed) we are having Impact classes where we will be trained to be counselors for the event!!! We got an Impact booklet thing and in it was the blue sheet of paper that had memory verses on it. One of the verses was Psalm 139 (which I really like) and I had read it somewhere earlier and then I read it somewhere else later and so I was like God what are ya telling me?! Oh and here is another thing!! I was journaling at 12:30 this morning and which verse do you think was written on the side?!?! Yeah, you got Psalm 139!!! So I am going to try and memorize that!!! Probably not some of it but most of it!!

So yeah, I have had a pretty good past couple of days... with a little struggles here and there... Oh and I am trying to not think so negatively about myself... so pretty much I am trying to love myself the way others love me especially God! So if you could please pray for me about that!! God is definitely working in me this year... some really hard things and some that just have to be taken care of....

If you think of it can you also please pray for me... I have a job interview for a FT position on Thursday around 3ish.... It is for a daycare and I am kind of excited and nervous... My friend works there and I had filled out the application liek 2-3 weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything about it. Then this past Tuesday my friend had told me that they got my application and she talked to her boss and told her about me and so she looked at my info and called me!!! So I have an appt this Thursday!!!

Well, I can't think of anything else right now!! Hope everyone is doing well!!! Have a great weekend!! Love ya all!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Jen. It looks like your interview is tomorrow. I will say a prayer:

Dear Father in Heaven I pray that you will be with Jen's interview tomorrow. Please give her the words to say when she is asked questions. Help her feel confident in herself and in the skills that you have given here. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen!

I'm excited to hear how your interview goes.

Nicole

Jen said...

Thanks very much for the prayers!!! I have about 3 hours to go before I have the interview... am kinda nervous a little... Thanks again! I will post a new blog sometime today or tomorrow...

Nicole said...

Just checking in to see how your interview went. Feel free to leave a comment on my blog.

Brittany said...

Hi Jen, I just stumbled onto your blog. Just wanted to offer some encouragement. I also love Psalms 139. Sometimes I feel so alone. It is comforting to know He cares about every tiny aspect of our lives. I pray over everything. From raising my kids to making my grocery budget stretch as far as it will go. Don't give up. God knows exactly where you are at and what you need. He is working right now in your life.