Friday, July 25, 2008

not a lot is new...

Not too much is new... still feeling the same way... a little less than usual... so that is good I guess. all that I can do is just keep going... even though all that I want to do is call it quits at times... I do not think that I would be able to do that!

I had the WEIRDEST phone call ever this week at work!!!!!! So I picked up the phone and the guy on the other end was like "Is Gumby there?" And I was like um.. excuse me? And then the guy just hangs up... I was like um ok... It was funny though and I just had to laugh about!!!

Back to regular things... I am just hanging in their... and just trying to keep on going on... Even though it can be hard... I am trying to surround myself with friends and all... and keep my mind busy from thinking negatively except my counselor is having me journal the accusations which make me have to think of them and then write them down... so yeah... which might not be such a bad thing... who knows.. I had to stop writing them last night b/c I was to much about them and my mind was wrapped up in it. So if you could pray for me that I don't dwell on them and that I am able to just give it to God and not keep dwelling in them! That would be great.. thanks :) Although I am still in this really rough time in my life, I think I can kind of see a little bit of the "light" through the tunnel so to speak... it is very dim.... But that is a good sign... I am realizing that I really am not alone and there are many people going through things that I am going through or have gone through it and they are healed from it... I feel that God wanted me to go through this struggle to help others once I am healed... Actually I can still help them now... with a smile or hug or just being there for them... sometimes that is just what they need and not to really have to talk about their struggles...

I have this verse that is on a sticky note right on my computer at work and I really like it and I am going to share it "Count it all joy, my brothers (and sisters), whenever you face trials of many kinds, for the testing of your faith develops perserverance." James 1:2-3. This actually kind of ties into what I was just writing about... in a way it does but not directly... And I have a quote from Sheila Walsh.. I think from a book but not sure!! It says "The quieter the secret, the stronger the hold it has on us." How very true!! It is sad but true..

I am obviously doing ok at the moment or I don't think I could even being writing a lot about everything... Well, I hope you have a great weekend!!! I shall try to update more frequently... Love to all my beautiful friends!!!

1 comment:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Hey Jen,

Checking back in and still praying for you:)

Blessings,
Melissa Taylor